Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Select last data in column for a graph

It's not inconceivable that someone would have numbers greater than 9^9. The
largest number Excel can understand is something line 9.999E307, so I
usually hunt for 1E300.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
hi,

This gets the last non-blank number
=LOOKUP(9^9,C3:C21)
This gets the last non blank text entry
=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),B2:B21,B2:B21)
and this gets the last non-blank row number
=MAX((A1:A15<"")*(ROW(A1:A15)))
This needs to be array entered (press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to enter it)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ASTDan" wrote:

Hello,

Is there an excel function that I can use to select the last cell that
contains data to display in a chart? Do I have to write a macro for
this?

Thanks

Dan