Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_70_] JBeaucaire[_70_] is offline

Default Does anyone know how to cross reference two worksheets

Sheet1 has the names you want to check against a second sheet. Sheet2
has the other list you want to compare, both sheets have the names in
columnA.

On sheet1, in B2 (where you want the Y to appear, we want to check the
namen in A2 against Sheet2 columnA. Let's set the range on sheet2 to 200
rows. The formula in B2 would be:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200,0)),"","Y" )

Now copy that formula down to check the rest of the names on Sheet1

Christie;174798 Wrote:
I am trying to cross reference two worksheet and if a name appears on
both
worksheets a Y would appear in the box.

--
JBeaucaire