Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mik mik is offline

Default Finding Minimum but if same number repeats in the range, then find

Can someone help me? I am trying to find a way to make a list of numbers from
a range. The numbers can repeat many time in the range but I want to list
each different number once only. I tried to use MINIF function but if the
range has only one number, then this function can not be used. For example: I
have a range D1:Q25, I want to make a summary of numbers used in this range.
Column A will have the each different number used in this range and Column B
will show the number of times each number is used. If my Colum A has the
right number, then I can use COUNTIF fuction for Coumn B. I tried for "A1"
=MIN(D1:Q25) and for "A2"
=MIN(IF(D1:Q25A1,D1:Q25,"")) and for "A3"
=MIN(IF(D1:Q25A2,D1:Q25,"")) but if A2 is blank, then I get same number as
A1.