Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional formating

Try this formula for your 3rd rule...

=AND(COUNTIF(J4:N4,"help")=2,COUNTIF(J4:N4,"done") =1)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Brent" wrote in message
This is in addition to the first two. This would be the last criterior.
am creating a worksheet that lets me know if I have seen a patient twice
aka
"help" and the doc has seen once "done". I am trying to color corridinate
the pt names in col a

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Is that in addition to the first two I gave you or in place of the first
two
I gave you? Also, how many criteria will you ultimately want on that one
cell (there are limitations as to how many different conditional formats
you
can have on a single range).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Brent" wrote in message
Thanks for the feedback. I got this to work, but I have one more
question.
Now I would like a4 to change to a different color if the following is
met.
row J4 thru N4 has "help" twice and "done" once. Is there a way to
combine
if both criteria have been met?

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Select A4 and then call up the Conditional Formatting "New Rule"
dialog.
You
will need two rules and both of them will use the "Use a formula to
determine which cells to format" option in the "Select a Rule Type"
listing.
These are the two formulas you would use in the "Format values where
this
formula is true" field (for each rule individually)...

=COUNTIF(J4:N4,"done")=1

=COUNTIF(J4:N4,"help")=2

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Brent" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and would like to create certain rules and
cannot
figure out how to do using conditional format. Lets say I have a
typical
spreadsheet. Here is the example I am looking for. Lets say A4
needs
have a certain fill color if in J4 through n4 contains the words
"help"
twice. Then I need A4 to change its fill color if J4 through N4
contain
the
word "done" once. I have tried several things but cannot figure
out.