Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Leema Leema is offline

Default Sharing violation with a thumb drive

I have just moved over to Vista and Office 2007 -- now I can't save Excel
files to my portable thumb drive. I get a "sharing violation" error -- then
Excel supposedly saves the work to a randomly named file which can't be read
by any program anyway. Useless file.

I have to save the Excel file to a C hard drive driectory and copy the file
over later. I have tried resetting sharing for the thumb drive, but it never
sticks. All this protective Vista security is driving me nuts -- how can I
reliably use my thumb drive every time?

Windows and Excel 2003 was so much easier to use.