Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frank Frank is offline

Default Use of Indirect in Defined Name

Shane,

Right now I have as the Defined Name definition..

=Tables!$M$5:Indirect(Tables!$N$31)

The intent is to have a table M5:N25 and then limit the upper range with the
Indirect Function of a value in N31.

The above works from the Tables worksheet but not from other worksheets.
Your first suggestion didn't seem to work.

--
Frank

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi

=Indirect("Tables!$A5:B9")

or

=INDIRECT("Tables!"&SA5:B9)

depending on what you are trying to do.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Frank" wrote:

I am trying to use Indirect in a defined name. It works fine as long as the
defined name is on that worksheet. But when I try to reference the Defined
Name from another worksheet, the formula appears to resolve to the current
worksheet.

The format I am using is Indirect(Tables!$A5:B9)

If I am on the Tables worksheet not a problem, but when I am on another
worksheet, it resolves to Indirect(A5B9), losing it's reference to the Tables
worksheet.

Got to be a way to get this to work.
Thanks

--