Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Arithmatic functions with date format...angry results

I pointed this out in my follow-up reply, but thanks for giving the example.

Pete

"T. Valko" wrote in message
I guess it depends on what result they're looking for:

1/1/2009 11:59 PM
1/5/2009 11:00 AM

=INT(B1-A1) = 3
=INT(B1)-INT(A1) = 4

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
As long as those are entered as true date/times in Excel, you could do
this:

=INT(B1-A1)

and format the cell as General.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"chris23892 via OfficeKB.com" <u39649@uwe wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to do the following:

I have a col. A and Col b with dates in the following format:

12/5/2008 12:00:00 AM and 11/19/2008 0:00

What I need to make a formula in the next col that will tell me how many
days
apart these two dates are. Basically, just need to subtract the two
dates
and display the number of day between the two dates..

Any thoughts on how to do this?
Thanks a bunch for all the help!!