Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Placement of cursor in drop dwn menu

Instead of a Range like A1:A1500 with only the first 100 cells
filled............

Use a dynamic range for your source list then only those cells with data
will show in the dropdown. i.e. A1:A100 but will expand as more cells are
filled.

Instructions here at Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Gord

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:42:16 -0800, Bruce B
wrote:

Not sure what to do with your answer. I have, as example, column with drop
down next two columns are set up with vlookup tables so that when data is
entered in list col next two columns automatically print desired info ( for
instance name address & phone number. I created a range so that list can grow
therefore right now there are lots of blank cells at bottom of list. I have
allocated for 1500 names and right now have 240

Thanks for assist