View Single Post
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default Date Formula with 2 conditions met needed

It now sounds as if you are wanting a date *after* c2 and b2, whereas from
your original description it sounded as if c2 and b2 were after D1, but
your 9 nov 1997 you can get from
=MAX(DATE(YEAR(B2)+5,MONTH(B2),DAY(B2)),DATE(YEAR( C2)+62,MONTH(C2),DAY(C2)))You can compare that date with D1, if that is what you intended to ask.--David BiddulphAmanda wrote: It does make the qualifying conditions, however when they are met it is only giving me the two dates from b2 and c2, rather than the earliest date that both conditions are met. Is that even possible? For instance if b2 was 7 apr 1973 and c2 was 9 nov 1935, the first date that both conditions were met is 9 nov 1997. "RagDyer" wrote: If I understand what you're asking, try this in D2:=IF(AND(DATE(YEAR(B2)+5,MONTH(B2),DAY(B2))< =D1,DATE(YEAR(C2)+62,MONTH(C2),DAY(C2))<=D1),"B2=" &TEXT(B2,"m-d-y")&" & C2="&TEXT(C2,"m-d-y"),"") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Amanda" wrote in message ... I would appreciate any help you could give. I'm going to try to explain this. In D2, I need to know if these two conditions - B2 is 5 years or more from D1, and C2 is 62 years or more from D1 - are met. If so, I need to know what date both of those conditions were met, otherwise leave blank. Thanks Amanda