Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default Simple way to change text dates to numerical?

Hi

If excel see the dates as a date, select the column(s), goto Format and
change to the desired date format.

Hopes it helps

Per

"Kathy" skrev i meddelelsen
I am working on a huge Excel 2003 workbook with many worksheets. Initially
am downloading the data from another database into Excel. All the dates
(thousands of them) are written like Dec 3, 2007. I want to change them to
be
like 12/3/07 but I don't want to have to type it all in manually if I
don't
have to. If I go to format and go to date it seems you can select that
format
but it doesn't change what is already in the downloaded data. Is there a
simple way to do this? Thanks.