Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Copied info from Excel worksheet, but pasted info won't work in fo

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on troubleshooting =vlookup():
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

KRISTENV wrote:

I am very familiar with VLOOKUP but am having problems cutting and pasting
correctly. I copied info from an excel worksheet (on a separate file) to my
current worksheet to use a reference. A second worksheet has the VLOOKUP
formula, but they aren't working. However, I find if I re-type the info in
just the cell it's searching on in the worksheet that has the formula, it
works.

I've tried recopying the data and pasting as value. My only other option is
to retype every stinking line. Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson