Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default IF function

I see a couple of options.

1. Create a range which has just the cells greater than 70. For example,
filter out the cells less than 70, copy that range, and then do the
statistics on the new range.

2. Change your statistical calculations to exclude values below 70. For
example, to calculate the mean of all the values in column C greater than
70, you can use:
=SUMIF(C:C,"=70")/COUNTIF(C:C,"=70")

As statistics aren't my strong suit, I won't be able to help you on all the
formulas. However, there's lots of people in this group who can. Just post
another question like "How do I calculate the standard deviation of column
C, excluding values below 70?". When you post, make sure you identify what
version of Excel you are using, because it will make a difference in the
functions available.

Regards,
Fred

"MacPadana" wrote in message
This is the formula I am using:
=IF(C9=70,C9,"")

I want to populate the cells in a column with only the values in Column C
that are greater than or equal to 70. Once I have that populated I want to
use the Descriptive Statistics, Data Analysis tool to get Mean, Median,
Mode
, Standard Deviation etc. on the data in the new column. As soon as there
is
a cell in column C below 70, though, whatever is returned in the new
column
prevents Excel from being able to calculate the statistics. If there is an
easier way to go about it, I'd be happy to hear that too.

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It looks like your "discriptive statistics" don't like blank cells.
Explain
what discriptive statistics are and someone will be sure to help you.
Posting the formulas you are using is the best way to get help.

Regards,
Fred.

"MacPadana" wrote in message
That's what I thought at first but when I try to run discriptive
statistics
on a range of cells that includes that, I get a message that says
"Input
range contains non-numeric data". Any other Ideas?

"Stefi" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(condition,"",result_if false)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛MacPadana€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Can an "IF" formula return a blank cell, not a zero?