Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlm[_2_] xlm[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional Formating

Do the following for highlighting the entire row

1. Click/Select on the row/s you want to hightlight
2. Go to Format and select Conditional Formatting
3. Choose FORMULA IS under Condition 1
4. Enter this formula =A2="in" (change the A2 to suit your row)
5. Click on Format Go to Pattern choose the color you want
6. Click Ok out all the way and you are done

HTH

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button below

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Kath" wrote:

When using conditional formating is there any way to highlight an entire row
when the criteria meets the cell format? My cell is = to "in" and that cell
highlights when I type it but I would like the whole row to highlight. Or is
there a way to use a cell format and ("and")?
--
Thanks much, Kath