Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] dfisher269@aol.com is offline

Default prevent download file assignment to Excel

On Jan 7, 11:15*am, "Shane Devenshire"
wrote:
Hi,

if you mean by assigned that it now has a .xls extension when unzipped, then
you should contact the person who zipped the file and have them save it as a
dbf first and then zip it.

if you mean by assigned that when you double-click the unzipped file it
opens in Excel rather than Access, then you may need to change a file
association.

Of course you can always import it from Excel into Access or copy and paste
it.

You might also consider posting this to the Access newsgroup.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

wrote in message

File is received as a zip file and I was able to extract and import
into Access. Something has changed where it is unzipped and assigned
as an Excel file. *Prefer it to be dbf. *How can I stop it from being
assigned as an Excel?- Hide quoted text -

The file is zipped as a DBF file but somehow it extracts as anExcel
file. When imported into Access import errors are generated I think
due to blank fields being categorized one way but data in later rows
show a different format.