Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Divident reinvestment plan

Hi,

What cell are you entering the formula =C1+B2?

You can't enter that in C1! If your data starts on the first row, you don't
have titles, then the formula in C1 should be =B1 and then the formula in C2
should be =C1+B2 which you can copy down.

by the way if you are entering the formula as =(C1+B2) drop the "()"

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"c-ann" wrote in message
I need a spreadsheet in which to add quarterly purchases of stock. Set up
like this:
Date Shares Acc. Total Shares Cost Total Cost Cost Basis per share

Need to add the shares acc. to total shares, running total Same for
cost.
I can get the per share basis from the statement.
I keep getting circular error message.
In the total shares column, I tried using =(C1+B2) I am using Excel 7.
thanks for any help.
--
c-ann