Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Premo Chris Premo is offline

Default Find Last Instance of "Text" in a column

I have a sorted column of text that I want to find the last instance
where the text begins with an asterisk ("*"). I can use this code to
do the search, but I would have to know how many times to "continue the
search". Also, the "~*" will also find any word with the asterisk in
it, while I only want those words with the asterisk as the first
character.

Columns("C:C").Select
Selection.Find(What:="~*", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas,
LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Selection.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate