Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do I copy a formula with the cell increasing by increments

Enter this formula in B2:

=SUM(Sheet1!B5:B11)

Enter this formula in B6:

=SUM(Sheet1!B12:B18)

Select the range B2:B9 and drag copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nick W" wrote in message
I should have been a little more specific, sorry. The formula is starting
in
B2 of sheet 2. So I want it to be Sum('sheet1"!B5:B11) when it is copied
down to B6 in Sheet 2, it will give the SUM('sheet1'!B12:B18).

I appologize, my syntax is terrible because I really haven't been in a
position that required me to use Excel for more than standard data entry
purposes. I thought that grouping sums would be pretty straight forward.
So
far from what I have learned just trying to get this to work, I am amazed
at
the things I can do with this program.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Assume you want the results to appear in D5 downwards.

Enter this formula in D5 and copy down as needed:

=SUM(OFFSET(B$5,(ROWS(D$5:D5)-1)*7,,7))