Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Conditional formatting

Presumably you had a formula which worked out days (as a number)
before, and you have now changed it to return &" DAYS" at the end, and
so it is now text. You can get the word DAYS to show in the cell
through formatting, so that your previous conditional formatting will
still work on the underlying numbers - use a custom format on the cell
of:

0" days"

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 6, 8:54*pm, Josh wrote:
OK this is going to be hard to explain.

OK I want to set conditional formatting for a set of numbers. *The cells i
am trying to format says anything from 365 - 0 DAYS. *
I am trying to get the cell to
turn green when it is above 30 Days
Yellow when it is between 31 and 15
red when it is below 16. *

I had it working before I added the work DAYS to the cell. *Now I can not
figure out how to make that conditional formatting work when the word "DAYS"
is in the cell.