Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default If statment help needed

VLOOKUP with a 2-column table on Sheet2 containing the filetype and label
type

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:13:01 -0800, Nydia
wrote:

OK, I hope that I can explain this properly.

I have an excel workbook with 2 worksheets. The purpose of this worksheet
is to keep track of labels that I make for various people. So the first
sheet has label information and the second sheet has label specification (for
ex. a legal folder will use an avery 5161 label. What I am hoping to do is
create an if statement. One column in worksheet 1 is file type. The choices
are legal, letter, redwell. I want an if statement so that when the file
type is entered, it will automatically look into spreadsheet 2 and give what
label should be used. Makes sense? I hope so.