Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jomark Jomark is offline

Default IF Function not working

I cannot get the IF function to work even when copying an example from Help
in Excel 2007. I keep getting a message that there is an error in the formula.

For example if I enter =IF(A2<100,"OK","NotOK") I get an error message.
If I use the function wizard and add commas I receive INValid in red
against the entry fields. If I remove the commas everything seem fine until i
try to enter the formula in the cell and it will not accept it and I get the
same error message that the formula is incorrect.
Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or is there a setting incorrect
or is there a problem with my copy of Excel. I have tried a repair but to no
avail