Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Drop down list - need to reference and populate another cellw

There are instructions for VLOOKUP he

and a sample order form here that fill in adjacent cells when a product
is selected:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

KateW wrote:
Jay- what does "item" refer to?

Thanks!
Kate

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Jan 6, 1:15 pm, KateW wrote:

I have a drop-down list in one column on my "cover" sheet that pulls from a
named range on another sheet. I want the user to be able to choose an item
from the drop-down list and then in most cases have the correct amount for
that fee code/description populate into the next column. Is there a
formula/etc I can use to do this? I'm stumped.

Thanks!
KateW

Could you not use Vlookup? Create a table next to your named range
with prices. Then you could do Vlookup("Item",Lookuprange,Column to
look at, False)

Jay

--
Debra Dalgleish