Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Multilevel pie chart

Yeah, but that article was written tongue-in-cheek, and the point is, a pie
chart is generally not a good way to display information, and these multi
level pie charts are even worse.

I don't have a great idea for how to display this information, but I think a
Waterfall Chart may do it justice.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html

Start with data like this:

Complete - 72
Type A - 12
Type B - 4
Type C - 16
etc.

following the technique in the article cited above, build the waterfall
chart so that the "Complete" column in the first category position goes from
0 to 72, then Type A in the next category position goes from 72 to 84, Type
B in the next position goes from 84 to 88, etc. The final column, "Total"
goes from 0 to 120.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"John Mansfield" wrote in message
Hello,

Jon Peltier shows how to create a Donut-Pie combination chart at his
Peltier
Technical Services Blog. Please see the link below . . .

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...e-combination/

--
John Mansfield
cellmatrix.net

"Bahareh" wrote:

Hello

I wanted to draw a pie chart of project progress. Ex:. we had 120 Nodes
and
48 nodes are not completed yet. I easily can have a pie chart for it. but
want the another level around it to show the breakdown of remaind ones to
type of the nodes sth lie: Node Type A=12, Node Type B=4,....

I don't want "pie of pie" as it doesn't show the breakdown of remaind
nodes
from total nodes.

I searched the web, and seems I want sth. similar to this:
http://www.neoformix.com/2006/MultiLevelPieChart.html

How did he do that?
I use Excel 2007.

Thanks