Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tacrier Tacrier is offline

Default VLOOKUP works for some cells but not all Help!

On a quarterly basis I import information from another program into excel so
that I can format the information into a specific format.

When the info. is first imported it is all in column A so I use text to
columns to move the info. over into it's own columns.

After that there is one column of info. that I am missing, "Vendor Name", so
I use the VLOOKUP to plug in the name from another spreadsheet that has the
Vendor Name info.

The VLOOKUP has worked before but for some reason this time, it returns a
#NA result for most of the column even though there is a match. I have tried
changing the format to text, then general then text again. It doesn't work.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the VLOOKUP to work?