Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
veryeavy veryeavy is offline

Default Find a file when I don't know what it is named?

This functionality is available via Windows Explorer.

Additional hints:

- Try to restrict your search to the highest level (or toppest level as one
of my colleagues so eloquently put it) at which you reasonably might expect
to have saved it.

- sometimes you might get lucky and know that your file might contain a
slightly unusual letter like a Q, X or Z and then you can search accordingly
e.g. *Z*.xls

- Restrict your search based on date accessed or date modified.

I frequently have this problem but normally managed to retrieve the file
after attacking the problem from several different angles.

I wish you luck.

Best Regards,

Matt

"pasta" wrote:

In Excel or Word2007 how do you find a file that you do not remember what you
named it or where you filed it? In Excel or Word 2003 I could enter a word
in the file and it would bring up all documents with that work in it.