Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Are Protection Options Compatible?

What previous version of excel is going to open the file?

xl2002+ (IIRC) has that level of sheet protection.

xl2k and below won't support it.

I don't know about the compatibility pack.

Reitanos wrote:

If I set Protection Options (ie prevent insert rows) in Excel 2007,
will those options be honored when saving a workbook in a previous
version format? How about if I save it as Excel 2007 and they open it
with MS's compatibility tool?

Other than protection, is it possible to use a macro to deny access to
a particular command?

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson