Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default names in different worksheets

Hi,

Unless I'm missing something in your question I think you'll find a named
range is available across all worksheets. Try this

In sheet1 create a single cell named range called VAT and enter 15% in that
cell.

On another sheet enter the formula

=A1+VAT and you should find it adds 15% to a numeric value in in A1.

Likewise a named range called holidays is available throughout the workbook
for the networkdays function.

Mike

"a m spock" wrote:

How do i

1. make a name for a cell/ range available to all worksheets in the same
work book.

and/or

2. assign an already used name to the corresponding cell/range in another
worksheet in the same workbook.

The reason I need this is to make after thought formulas using names
available across worksheets in the workbook