Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJFry PJFry is offline

Default 'Not Like' Error when fetching data from Access

I have an Excel workbook that fetches data from a MS Access database. I have
the data connections set-up by selecting the database and indicating which
Access query to run. In some cases, the data returned to Excel does not
match the data returned if I were to run the query in Access. If I use MS
Query to fetch the data, the data returns correctly.

For example, using the database connection, the following value would be
returned:

Part Cost
AV-100 $503.10

MS Query would return:
Part Cost
AV-100 $410.50

The key seems to be a 'Not Like' condition in the queries. I have compared
the query outputs via Excel and via Access and they match until I use a Not
Like condition. Is there something I can do to make sure that this parameter
is passed when Excel fetches the data?

The reason I do not use MS Query for everything is that it is that the query
process is very slow.

Let me know if more information is needed!

Thanks in advance.
PJ