Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.misc
microsoft excel[_3_] microsoft excel[_3_] is offline

Default Digital signature breaks on insertion of new Worksheets

thanx bob.

But how do i go about when i send a file to another user/computer? it
always ask if they trust the file. the major part of ppl using it is born
BC (before computers) and to have them set it every time to not ask if they
trust the macro is a hazzel. i did sign it with the office thing. but then
they need to set it to not ask it. when i send a "update" it needs to be
set again...

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Verisign is expensive, and signing causes lots of problems. Most
professional developers that I know don't bother with signing.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"microsoft excel" wrote in message
how do i go about to sign my files?

someone pointed me toward a verisign site i think but i could not figure
out everyting...

thanx

"Luke Stubbs" wrote in message
I have created a spreadsheet containing VBA code that I want to
distribute to customers. In order to let me run VBA on clients' machines,
I have bought a digital signature and have signed my file.

My problem is that the code needs to create new worksheets, but if I
save the file after doing so, Excel complains and drops the signature
with the error message "You have modified a signed project. You do not
have the correct key to sign this project. The signature will be
discarded."

I think this arises because the new worksheet generates a corresponding
new 'Microsoft Excel Object' - i.e. Sheetx, and that VBA then considers
this amounts to changing the macros and therefore requires them to be
re-signed. My question - is this correct and if so, are there any
workarounds?

Thanks

Luke

Background information

- version : Excel 2003. Upgrading to 2007 is a possibility if it
overcomes the problem.

Other questions

Having read around the problem, I seem to have two options:- force users
to run macro security at low, or modify my code to run as an Excel Addin
file. I've never had to do either before, so

- Can I set a user's macro security level programmatically?
- If I went for the add-in approach, what would I lose? My workbook is
currently very interactive, with Macros running on some Change and
Select events; would that have to go?