Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Increment a value by a set amount per a certain time scale

Lisa,

You don't provide too much to go one here but lets try this for a start

=2.33*ROW(A1)

Entered in any cell and ragged down will cause the number to increase by
2.33 for each cell.

If you wanted a maximum value then this

=MIN(25,2.33*ROW(A1))

Which would max at 25.

Mike

Mike

"Lisa Cowan" wrote:

I am modifying a holiday spreadsheet and wish to automate it as much as
possible so there is less for me to forget to do.
So over the year I would like an individuals annual leave to be incremented
by 2.33r per month and this figure will be used in another spreadsheet which
will show how much leave they are entitled to and and equivalent hol pay.
I have looked at the various groups of Functions and don't seem to be able
to find anything.
Is it possible or not?
thanks Lisa