Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Worksheet

Hi,

Suppose you enter credits in column A and debits in column B and both start
on row 2. In C2 enter the following formula

A2-B2

in C3 enter

=IF(COUNT(A3:B3),C2+A3-B3,"")

Copy this formula down as far as necessary. If you choose to enter debits
as negative numbers you will need to adjust the formulas a little.

There are many other approachs

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mike Pirolli" wrote:

How do I get the formula, that will allow my spreadsheet to work like a bankbook. to subtract and add the debits and credits and give me the balance in another colume.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com