Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default How can I add a character to the end of every row in Excel 2000?

Try to find ^p and replace it with *^p

How will you indicate the End of Record?

"Mostifer" wrote:

Hello,

I "inherited" a Word document that has more than 19000 rows when I export it
into Excel. It's an address list that is nearly useless to me in a Word
format.

What I really would like to do is to automatically reformat it so that I can
use it in Excel... however, I'm afraid that it's not possible to do that.

Essentially, I have addresses where sometimes they display with the
following info:
Name
Business
Street Address
City, State ZIP

Other times an entry is:
Name
Title
Business
Street Address 1
Street Address 2
City, State ZIP

Each of the line items above are in their own row when I copy it into Excel.
What I would LOVE is to have each entry in its own individual row with
multiple columns like:

Name Business Address City State ZIP

Or something similar. However, since I wasn't able to figure out how to do
that, I thought I would add a character like an asterisk to the end of each
row, copy it into a Notepad file, then import it into Excel and have it
recognize the asterisks as the delimiter.

BUT, I couldn't figure out how to add an asterisk to the end of every row.
Does anyone know how to do that? Or to do the formatting natively within
Excel so I don't have to add the character then re-import it?

Thank you!!!
Mo