Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MH MH is offline

Default Using Excel to calculate future dates with various intervals

Thank you T. Valko and Ashish Mathur for your suggestions. I will certainly
give them a try.

Do these formulas work in other formulas if I need to calculate number of
days, months, or years etc with the same conditions applied? I imagine I
would bracket the formula you gave me in the formula of interest. I don't
have an example to apply at this time.

Second question, slightly off topic:
I will need to apply this date formula for various start dates and variable,
in a single excel spreadsheet. Is there a way I can set this up so that it
can autopopulate a series of cells with new dates, that were previously blank
(ie. fill down the existing list), when given a product, ref doc., lot, and
base date only. The first two items determine the intervals assigned, and
the lot and base date would be the variables that would be added later that
need the predicted dates autopopulated.

Ex:
A B C D E
Product 1 Ref Doc Lot 1 Base Date Predicted
Intervals
(I would need it to populate downward or in a fashion that can be sorted
based on the predicted intervals)

Thanks very much for your help.
MH

"MH" wrote:

Hi,
I need to build a calendar, where I have a given start date. From this
start date, I need to capture future predicted dates, based on various
intervals. How do I do this?

Example:
Start Date: 1/1/09
Future Date intervals: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 12 months, 18
months, 2 years

Thanks for your help with this.

MH