Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Angela Angela is offline

Default How do I create a spreadsheet that populates q's from a drop d

Hi Shane,
Is there a way that I can hide that column but have the drop down for the
filter in another cell?
For example, Column A is where I have each question labeled, but I want to
hide this column, so how do I have the dropdown to choose the category in
Cell C1? Thank you for all your help,
Angela

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Why not add a dummy column to the left of all of your questions with the
appropriate group listed on each line that is appropriate. For example,
A2:A10 might read

Sales
Sales
Sales
Support Service
Support Service
IT
Admin
Admin
IT

Select A1:A10 and choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter

Now have the users pick a group from the autofilter in A1.

You can also do this with either a macro of formulas, however, the formula
approach would still leave the cells visible, just not show the questions,
which could be fairly confusing.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Angela" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I need it to populate certain questions when a
specific drop down is chosen. For example, if they choose "Support Service"
from the Drop down box, I want it to populate the questions pertaining to the
Support Service and hide the other questions. Is this possible and is it a
simple formula or a macro? Thank you!