Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise Denise is offline

Default VLookUP formula help!

I created a formula to reference a drop-down menu & then based on the
value...get value from the selected Lookup Table (column #2). Here's the
formula:

=IF(L2="Certified 10 Month",VLOOKUP(L3,Ten, 2), IF(L2="All 12
Month",VLOOKUP(L3,StartDate, 2), IF(L2="Non-Certified 10
Mth",VLOOKUP(L3,NonCert, 2), IF(L2="Certified 11 Month",VLOOKUP(L3,Eleven,
2),IF(L2="Haskell (Year-Rnd)",VLOOKUP(L3,Haskell, 2),IF(L2="Certified
9-Month",VLOOKUP(L3,Nine, 2))))

What I ultimately need this formula to do is to search the chosen lookup
table column based on the entered date and count forward from that date the #
of cells with text in them ("Holiday") and then subtract that from the value
it retrieved. I am trying to get an accurate count of days an employee will
work - holidays.

Any help appreciated~