Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DSSofMN DSSofMN is offline

Default Nesting SUMIF within SUMPRODUCT

Bernie - Thanks for your suggestion. The formula evaluated the first cell
which was a true condition and summed the entire column. I need the formula
to evaluate the entire column and sum the values that meet the condition.

Dan

"DSSofMN" wrote:

I have tried doing this and can only get the formula to recognize the first
cell in the array. What am I doing wrong?

"galimi" wrote:

I would change the Sumif functions to SUM(IF formulaic arrays...
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"sj2008" wrote:

I'm trying to get a weighted average of columns E & H but only if the values
in column C match the values in column K. I tried nesting Sumif function
within sumproduct but this isn't working, it's just giving me a sum of colmn
H, not the weighted average. Any help would be appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF($C$3:$C$320,K3,$E$3:$E$320),SUMI F($C$3:$C$320,$K3,$H$3:$H$320))/SUMIF($C$3:$C$320,K3,$E$3:$E$320)