Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jason Jason is offline

Default using an IF statement from a pull down box

My apologies for not including enough information to diagnose.

The drop-down list is created from a range of cells using data validation.

I want to have the drop-down list in C3 and once something is selected, a
corresponding value is shown in D3.

EG:
LSW 1.5

Taken from a separate worksheet where there is a list of abbreviated codes
(LSW, LSW1.5, OSM€¦etc) which correspond to a value in the next column (1.5,
2.0, 3.5, etc.)

Jason

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

What IF statement? I guess you missed the part of Biff's message where he
asked you to "post the formula so we can see if there's problem with it."

Also, you keep saying "pull down box", but there is no control with that
name, so we don't know which one of the several controls it might be. Where
is this control located at... the worksheet or a UserForm? If on the
worksheet, which toolbar did you get it from... the Form or the Control
Toolbox toolbar? Hover your cursor over the icon that you used to get the
control... what name appears in the tooltip when it displays (I'm guessing
ComboBox)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jason" wrote in message
When I select an item from the pull down box the if statement doesnt not
automatically update the second cell with any results.The IF statement
works
when I remove the pulldown box and manually type the result in first cell
otherwise.

I believe in 97 the same wouldnt work as the pulldown box was not
considered
a 'change event' ???

Jason

"T. Valko" wrote:

What kind of "pull down box" are you using? (there are several kinds)

What does: cant get the IF statement to 'fire', mean?

Incorrect result? Error?

Post the formula so we can see if there's problem with it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jason" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to change another cell based upon a pull down box selection
and
cant get the IF statement to 'fire' on the second cell.

Is there a way to automatically do this or can you suggest another
simple
method?

Any help would be appreciated.