Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jason Jason is offline

Default using an IF statement from a pull down box

When I select an item from the pull down box the if statement doesnt not
automatically update the second cell with any results.The IF statement works
when I remove the pulldown box and manually type the result in first cell
otherwise.

I believe in 97 the same wouldnt work as the pulldown box was not considered
a 'change event' ???

Jason

"T. Valko" wrote:

What kind of "pull down box" are you using? (there are several kinds)

What does: cant get the IF statement to 'fire', mean?

Incorrect result? Error?

Post the formula so we can see if there's problem with it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jason" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to change another cell based upon a pull down box selection
and
cant get the IF statement to 'fire' on the second cell.

Is there a way to automatically do this or can you suggest another simple
method?

Any help would be appreciated.