Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default sum of a named range with values based on vlookup results

Let's see if I understand this...

Based on your posted sample, you want a single cell formula that returns
1.75?

Where's your lookup table?

Try this replacing the references with your own:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(lookup_table_column_1,SIZE,0))),lo okup_table_column_with_Page_Count_values)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Solutions Manager" wrote in
message ...
I have been poking around and can't seem to find what I am looking for so
here goes. In Excel 2003, I have a spreadsheet with two columns in
particular. For this example, Column A is called Size. The values entered
are
alphanumeric ad codes. Column B is called PageCount. The values are the
numerical result of a VLOOKUP of the Size code. (I have a table that lists
all the adcodes and resulting info) Below is example of the codes and
their
numerical pagecount values:

Size PageCount
4-s .25
2-hf .50
1-bc 1.0
crawl 0

The question is as follows. Right now I add the PageCount column to sum
sizes. Is there a way to use a single formula to SUM the Size column with
the
Values being those in the PageCount column? I am trying to eliminate the
PageCount column alltogether because the results always end up in one cell
anyway. Hopefully this isn't poorly worded.