Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default fetching certain fields from 1 worksheet to another(if criteir

When I put in the =IF(Sheet1!O2="GIRO",ROW(),"") formula into sheet 2, it is
displaying the number 2 for some reason.

Those are arbitrary row nums in the criteria col for source rows which
satisfy the specified criteria. These nums in the criteria col (col K in my
construct) will be read by the other extract formulas.

And when I paste your formulae for the name fields,
block fields and so on, nothing seems to be returned

You need to amend all the formula points to col K (ie the criteria col given
in my construct) to the correct col in your actuals. If you had set up the
above criteria in say, col X instead, change all the references to col K
within the extract formulas to point instead to col X, ie replace $K:$K with
$X:$X.

Try it again, it should work fine.
--
Max
Singapore
"prem" wrote:
Hey Max

Thank you for your prompt reply. However, I seem to have problems with this.

When I put in the =IF(Sheet1!O2="GIRO",ROW(),"") formula into sheet 2, it is
displaying the number 2 for some reason. And when I paste your formulae for
the name fields, block fields and so on, nothing seems to be returned.

Right now, I have only 2 sets of data in Sheet 1

Not sure if this will affect things, but I have formatted my data section as
a table. And when pasted the =IF(Sheet1!O2="GIRO",ROW(),"") formula into
sheet2, I did so in a column outside the table.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Prem