Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default round a formula's result

As you know
=ROUND(A1,-2)
will round the number in A1 to the nearest hundred.

To round the result of your formula (which returns a number) simply replace
A1 by the formula (minus the = sign of course)

eg if you formula is
=VLOOKUP(A1, B:C,2, False)

then use
=ROUND(VLOOKUP(A1, B:C,2, False),-2)

"howdylee" wrote:

in a single cell, i need a formula for compounding inflation, and i need to
have that result to be rounded (example, one result from the formula is
$877,394) I want to have that number read $877,400, but within the same cell,
not in a different cell or column. how do i get both formulas in a single
cell? i've got the formulas for interest and for rounding but i can't get
them to work together in a cell, gives me a circular error.