Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default SUMIF using criteria from a list

Hi Kevin,
if you are in excel 2007, select the range columns A and B, then format it
as a table go to an empty row in column B and add the total. Filters will
show up, select the accounts you need and the totals will change automatically

"Kevin W" wrote:

This one seems easy but I can't figure it out.

A B
1 Acct Amt
2 100 54
3 101 76
4 102 84
5 103 67
6 104 99
7 105 42
8 106 0
9 107 81

How can I take the total sum of accounts (for example) 102,104 & 107. So I
am looking for an answer of 84 + 99 + 81 = 264.

I will normally use around 15 - 20 accounts. Do I need a separate SUMIF
formula for each account, or can I set up one and input a list of accounts
for the criteria??

Thanks in advance