Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date arithmetic

But what happens to that when you get beyond 31 days, Mike?
--
David Biddulph

"Mike H" wrote in message

You can do that easilly.

earlier date/time in A1
later day/time in A2

=A2-A1

Format as d hh:mm

Mike

"Terry Pinnell" wrote:

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:

=INT(A2-A1) would give you the number of whole days between two date/
time
values (format as number or general).
=MOD(A2-A1,1) would give you the remaining time (format as hh:mm or to
suit).

Mike, Niek, David: Thanks all, very helpful and got me over my mental
block.

So am I right from what I've read that it would be unrealistic to
expect a single formula to let me enter two Date+Time values and get
their difference expressed in Days:Hours:Mins:Secs, or
Weeks:Days:Hours:Mins:Sec?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK