Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
petersampson petersampson is offline

Default Excel Iterative calculations

Thanks for the offer Dana, the iterative calculation is contained on a
spreadsheet. Am I able to post the worksheet on this message?
Peter

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

Can you post the equation. We might be able to trap the input variable,
and make sure the equation does not diverge.
Dana

petersampson wrote:
I use a spreadsheet with indirect circular cell references. When it works I
observe the iterations narrowing until I have a verifiable answer. However,
the iterations often expand (rather than narrow) leading to errors.
Is there anywhere I can read-up on iterative calculations in Excel?