Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default convert bond price to decimal including +

I think this formula will do what you want...

=LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1)+MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,2)/32+(RIGHT(A1)="+")/64

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"novice" wrote in message

I should clarify that my ultimate goal is to display these prices in
decimals. I am receiving a download file that quotes in the format I
provided and need to convert to decimal to upload to another system.

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

There is no format which will display your examples as you want, because
you
have text, not numbers.

If you have decimal numbers for your bonds (eg, 79.75) you can get it
displayed as 32nds with:

# ??/32

You will need an If formula to display what you want.

Regards,
Fred

"novice" wrote in message
looking for formula to convert bond price to 32nds

columns have for example

79-10 which is 79 + 10/32
103-12 which is 103 + 12/32

79-10+ which is 79 + 10.5/32
103-12+ which is 103 + 12.5/32

saw a post on here about converting 32nds but not +'s