Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon M Jon M is offline

Default parsing name in cell by comma?

Thanks!!!!

Now, what if I take the parsed names and put them back together in a uniform
fashion, i.e., Smith + John to Smith, John or John Smith?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If you want to parse that way, Data/ Text to Columns/ Delimited is probably
the best method.
--
David Biddulph

"Jon M" wrote in message
Trying set up worksheets for use in access.

Sheet A has a list of doctors and their practices, i.e., Name= Smith, John
I., Practice= Anytown Pediatrics

Sheet B has a list of patients and their admitting doctor, but in this
case,
it's Smith, John I (no period).

Trying to get to a result of associating the admitted patients to
appropriate practices. I think the best is to parse the MD cell by the
comma
safter the last name but thought I would ask here for advice and
assistance.

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!!!!