Duke Carey

Blush!!

Well, Tom, for one thing, it's not vast, at least not compared to the MVPs &
near-MVPs who post here and who frequently and gently correct my public
errors. For another thing, there's a staggering amount of knowledge, tips, &
tricks available here in these newsgroups, free but for the cost of the time
it takes to scroll through some messages each day.

"Tom" wrote:

Thanks, Duke!
I never would have figured this one out!
Where do you get your vast knowledge of little tricks in Excel?
Tom

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Assuming that column F has now blanks in it:

Copy cell G2
Select cell F2
Press the End key followed by the down arrow
Move one cell to the right
Hold down the Shift key and press the End key followed by the up arrow
Paste

"Tom" wrote:

This seemingly very simply question has me baffled. I have a column of data
that I need to perform an operation, something similar to '=f2-36161'.
Column F has the data in numeric format. I add a column, say Column G. Then
I put into G2 the '=f2-36161' and then convert this new number to a date
formatted 'mm/dd/ccyy'. I'd like to replicate (copy/paste) this G2
calculation and operation down through the entire Column G. [Column G is
about 15000 rows deep.]
Is there an easy way to do the copy/paste or replicate without copying G2
and then copy/paste MANUALLY down the column until I reach the end of the
data?
Seems like a simply question but I can't find the 'key'.
Thanks,
Tom