Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Generate sequential numbers with define format.

Hi,

Just drag the fill handle down. If EI-P-0001 is in A1 then drag the fill
handle (bottom right corner square of the cell border for A1) down.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marcos" wrote:

I need to generate sequential numbers with the following format; EI-P-0001.
I have tried the TEXT function but apparently ("E) causes some #value error.
If I use other letters its fine, but the "EI-P-0000" returns an error. Help!