Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe_Hunt via OfficeKB.com Joe_Hunt via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default vlookup in one table if no data look in another

I have a rather large workbook with dozens of pages and I'm having trouble
with a vlookup that I would appreciate help with. What I need is for one
table (with 2009 data) to be looked at and if there's no value then to look
at another table (with 2008 data). The formula I came up with, that doesn't
work if there's no 2009 data, is:

=IF(VLOOKUP($B$94,ALG09Data,4,FALSE),VLOOKUP($B$94 ,ALG08Data,4,FALSE),VLOOKUP
($B$94,ALG09Data,4,FALSE))

B94 has the value I'm looking for. I would appreciate any help.