Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scott scott is offline

Default Need a formula to sort without using a macro

I have a sheet that records daily test results for one month. On any given
day there can be 1-10 entrees. Currently I have a column that we put an x in
and then I have macros recorded to sort and put them in order acording to
date. My problem is my version of excel is old enough I can not password
protect this page because I then get errors during the sort. From what I have
read I need a newer version of Excel and all the VB code I have found does
not work with my current version. My company has decided not to purchase a
newer version as of yet. I was wondering if there is a formula that I can
use to put the chosen dates in order with out using a macro. When these test
are run and recorded I only need one of the results entered in the daily
report form. Since I have formulas on this ss I and I can not protect it
employees are starting to change formulas so I need this passworded.
Thanks Scott