Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally Mally is offline

Default Display all combination of letters

Hi JE

Thank you for noticing my mistake.

Simply, if I enter 3 letters in row 1 how can all of the combinations be
displayed automatically (without repeating ones e.g. ABC and CBA)

If I enter 7 letters in row 1 all of the combinations will be displayed

If I enter 10 letters in row 1 all of the combinations will be displayed

etc., etc.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

What about

A D

???

For your example:

A2: =A1
A3: =A1 & " " & B1
A4: =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1
A5: =B1 & " " & C1

Not sure what you mean by "the total of numbers that are entered in row
1 can differ" - aren't you entering letters?

In article ,
Mally wrote:

How do I display all combinations of a set of letters in row 1? The total of
numbers that are entered in row 1 can differ.

Example
Cell A1 = H Cell B1 = j Cell C1 =D

The following will be displayed in individual cells starting in Cell A2
A j
A j D
j D